Annear, Judy. “Introduction”. In Photography: Art Gallery of New South Wales Collection, edited by Judy Annear, 9–13. Sydney: Art Gallery of New South Wales, 2007.
Crombie, Isobel. “Introduction”. In 2nd Sight: Australian Photography in the National Gallery of Victoria, edited by Isobel Crombie and Susan van Wyk, 6–12. Melbourne: National Gallery of Victoria, 2002.
Davies, Alan. An Eye for Photography: The Camera in Australia. Carlton: The Miegunyah Press; State Library of New South Wales, 2004.
Deane, Robert. “Foreign Influences in Australian Photography 1930–80”. Lecture delivered at the Australian Photographic Society Convention (APSCON), Canberra, 10 October, 2000. Accessed 10 August, 2016. https://www.photo-web.com.au/robertdeane/papers/apscon%20paper.htm.
Deane, Robert. “‘Lost in Australia and Not Even Built’, the Gallery Acquires the Museum Set”. In Building the Collection, edited by Pauline Green, 60–71. Canberra: National Gallery of Australia, 2003.
Ely, Deborah. “The Australian Centre for Photography”. History of Photography 23, no. 2 (1999): 118–22.
Ennis, Helen. “Integral to the Vision: A National Photographic Collection”. In Remarkable Occurrences: The National Library’s First 100 Years 1901–2001, edited by Peter Cochrane, 199–211. Canberra: National Library of Australia, 2001.
Ennis, Helen. Intersections: Photography, History and the National Library of Australia. Canberra: National Library of Australia, 2004.
Miles, Melissa. The Language of Light and Dark: Light and Place in Australian Photography. Sydney: Power Publications, 2015.
Newton, Gael. “Full Spectrum”. In Building the Collection, edited by Pauline Green, 294–307. Canberra: National Gallery of Australia, 2003.
Newton, Gael. Shades of Light: Photography and Australia 1839–1988. Sydney: Australian National Gallery, 1988.
“Photoweb”. Accessed 20 July, 2016. www.photo-web.com.au.
“Sydney International Exhibition of Photography”. Accessed 20 July, 2016. https://www.siep.org.au/.
Willis, Anne-Marie. Picturing Australia: A History of Photography. North Ryde: Angus and Robertson, 1988.